The “Gold Ducats of The Netherlands” has been judged Best Specialized Book on World Coins of the Year by the Numismatic Literary Guild. The book was judged the best of all books dealing with world coins.
Winners were announced during the NLG Bash on the night of Thursday, August 11, during the 2016 ANA World’s Fair of Money in Anaheim, California.
The Numismatic Literary Guild, founded in 1968 and gathering the best authors of numismatic books from around the globe is also the largest and one of the oldest institutions of this kind in the world.
Some of the former Winners in The Best Specialized Book, World Coins category are:
- 2013 Award – South Asian Coins and Paper Money, Indian Edition, George S. Cuhaj, editor; Rajender Maru, consulting editor; Thomas Michael, market analyst.
- 2011 Award – Standard Catalog of German Coins, 1501-Present, 3rd Edition, by Douglas Nicol, George Cuhaj and Thomas Michael
- 2008 Award – 100 Greatest Ancient Coins, by Harlan J. Berk
- 2007 Award – Money of the World: Coins That Made History, by by Ira Goldberg and Larry Goldberg, Editors
- 2002 Award – Standard Catalog of World Coins – Spain, Portugal and the New World, by Chester L. Krause and Clifford Mishler; Colin R. Bruce II, Senior Editor
You may find 2016 Winners on the NLG site.